Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Waldo's CBB update



Well tinkered with my son’s CBB that I’m making. Took the time to place the fret board with some C clamps and fitted it to the neck. After I got a good match, I had to give the edges a new coat of Walnut stain. It will probably need one more before I place it on for good.


The last CBG I did, I placed a round rod in the neck and attached a smaller piece of oak over it. I decided to do the steel tubing this time. Even a different place.  Up under the Fret board. That should make a small neck and easy to hit those stretched frets. Cool notes should come out of this box. They say each box has it’s own music hid inside. Seems like I read on the web the old Taylor guitars use to be made with a steel tube so is should hold up pretty good. Of course I’m gonna imbed it with fiberglass Rawson like I did the last CBG.  It should hold up to bass acoustic strings ok. Might even hold up to some electric strings as well.

For the fret markers I used some of those plan set post again. They seem to stand out well inside that Walnut stain.

I’m going to put a Pezos inside just to see what it sounds like. I really got a hankerin to put a true base pickup. Just don’t want to take away from a true CBG though. Oh well ain’t no rules in CBG building.

Found a nice Kitchen knife a while back and it doesn’t have a handle. I have some remains of this oak left so why not fix the knife. I’ve cut out the handle so guess I better ad this to the list of what I want to get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment