Monday, January 11, 2010

Completed the Electrical hookup on CBA

Well today I finished the Electrical hookups on my CBA (Cigar Box Amplifier). I took some blue gasket sylicone and place a couple of leather tabs for the motherboard and also used it to stick some wire in a corner to hold it down. Took some Duct Tape (Handyman's secret weapon) and taped in the batteries so they won't come out. Everything needs a little duct tape on it to complete the project you know. Tomorrow I'll give it a full blown test run. I'm excited to hear how it sounds completed. I have given it a test run but not with all components in and the lid closed solid. I put a speaker in that has a larger magnet than on the original cassette player. I need to find a 6v power supply. I through a bunch away no more than a week ago, knowing I'd probably need one. Common thing when you purge. No sooner than you do it you find out you needed it after all.




I can’t decide if I want to Tung oil it or just leave it unprotected. Probably use the Tung Oil. On my CBG I have left it alone. I’m just going to let it wear. I sure have a hankering to build a 6 string CBG just because I want a smaller framed guitar to play while watching TV. Also it won’t resonate so well and be loud. Until I plug it in to an amplifier. With a good pickup and pot WOW what next?

1 comment:

  1. Finally made it here Tigger! I'll keep up as much as I can, but with the move I'll have to see how things go as far as full time internet goes. Keep up the good work and bring one whth you when you come to Terlingua.

    ReplyDelete